ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
• Drives truck to deliver rental items to customer's home or place of business.
• Collects delivery signatures from customers, records quantities delivered including refused equipment on contract paperwork. Notifies supervisor of any problems at customer site including missing or damaged equipment and damage to the customer’s property.
• Pulls and loads rental equipment with delivery assistants and warehouse support. Decipher packing list and pull necessary equipment for job. Inspects equipment for damage prior to loading. Makes necessary adjustments on the packing list and checks packing list against the customer order.
• Instructs customers on the correct usage of rental equipment.
• Counts and records items loaded (both delivery and pick-up) on correct paperwork. Notifies supervisor of missing or damaged equipment.
• Ensures all non-rental equipment supplies such as sledge hammers, tie straps, screwdrivers, etc. are loaded according to the requirements of each job.
• Records truck usage information on Daily Truck Log.
• Acts as company liaison with clients; listens to and resolves service complaints.
• Sets up or tears down rental goods when service is ordered by the customer.
• Collects or picks up empty containers or rejected or unused goods.
• Loads truck in a safe and efficient manner.
• Cleans & maintains cleanliness of inside of truck cab and cargo areas.
• Performs routine maintenance on truck and completes daily Truck Service Checklists.
• Reports safety violations to supervisor.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
• Complies with company and government safety requirements (including the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment) and other regulations.
• Attends department, location and safety meetings.
The majority of the job tasks are performed outdoors in a climate that is not controlled with exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather including rain and snow. Performances of duties are regularly around moving mechanical parts, moderate noise levels and dusty co