GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for the performance of all sales activities in the assigned market. The Outside Sales
position develops and executes plans and strategies to service existing customers as well as growing the customer
base and profitability goals in the assigned market. This position will also assist with other duties as instructed by
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge,
skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions
and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the
duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
• Develops a sales strategy for the assigned market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and
• Plans and executes sales and prospecting action plans; cultivates relationships by regularly calling on or
visiting past customers and future prospects; visits commercial customer site to solicit rental contracts or
review future planned parties and events.
• Attends industry networking functions.
• Meets with customers to determine the event type and recommends appropriate rental equipment and
accessories based on the customer’s needs; prepares customer proposals and presentations.
• Provides timely and accurate customer contracts; works with management for the approval of pricing changes
while maintaining maximum profit margins.
• When appropriate, attends customer events and leads the coordination of setup and take-down.
• Responds to customer service problems and resolves complaints and/or refers complaints to the appropriate
• Stays abreast of competition’s offerings, pricing, advertising and promotions; submits ideas for new products,
services, fees, merchandising strategies, promotions, etc.
• Attends industry related functions as assigned by manager.
• Submits accurate activity reports in according to stated deadlines.
• Follows all procedures for safety violations and injuries.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
• Complies with company and government safety requirements (including the correct use of Personal
Protective Equipment) and other regulations.
• Attends department, location and safety meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma; demonstrated track record of success and achievement with 5-7 years experience in sales.
The job specifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to author sales
strategies, employee reviews and other complex correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in oneon-
one and large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Performing the duties of the job the employee will often be required to walk, sit, use hands to handle and feel
objects, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally be able to lift
20 pounds. Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The majority of the job tasks are performed inside and at client installation sites that may be in outside weather
conditions, wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold and heat. Usually the noise level in the working
environments is minimal.