ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
The Event Consultant position manages the relationship with assigned customers. The Event Consultant position also assists customers over the phone and in person by recommending equipment and accessories that best meets the customer's event needs and completes all paperwork associated with the rental. This position also assists with other duties as instructed by management.
- Manage list of existing customers provided by Sales Manager, to nurture existing relationships and secure future business as the need arises.
- Calls on prospects to explain features and costs of services and their respective advantages.
- Enters new orders and completes updates on existing orders for customers.
- Meets with customers in our showroom to determine the event type and recommends appropriate rental equipment and accessories based on the customer's needs; shows the customer suggested equipment and table displays.
- Addresses customer inquiries that are received over the phone; if appropriate forwards leads to Event Director staff member.
- Prepares rental contracts, reviews terms and conditions of the contract and inventory protection with the customers, obtains customer signatures and deposits.
- Updates the rental contract with customer changes. Coordinates customer changes with fulfillment and delivery.
- Processes credit card payments by sending the secure payment link to the customer.
- Prepares "will call" customer contracts.
- Contacts customers with past due rental returns.
- Arranges showroom displays, maintains clean showroom and keep shelves organized and stocked with rental equipment.
- Responds to customer service problems and resolves complaints and/or refers complaints to the appropriate department.
- Attends industry related functions as assigned by manager.
- Assists other Sales/ Customer Service Representatives when needed.
- Follows all procedures for safety violations and injuries.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Complies with company and government safety requirements,
- Attends department, location and safety meetings as required.
The job specifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills Ability to read and speak basic English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Regularly, communicates with co-workers and supervisor; must be able to exchange accurate information about customer orders, the condition of equipment and the status of an assignment.