GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Installer/ Loader pulls and loads tent and other related equipment into company vehicles according to the tent installer’s directions or the customer’s contract. Under the direction of the Tent Installer and/ or Crew Chief this position is also responsible for assembling and disassembling tents and other rental equipment per the manufacturer, company and safety policies and procedures. This position will also assist with other warehouse duties as instructed by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
• Pulls and loads tent and related equipment with delivery assistants and warehouse support. Deciphers packing list and pull necessary equipment for job. Inspects equipment for damage prior to loading. Makes necessary adjustments on the packing list and check packing list against order.
• Works with the driver and/ or Crew Lead to load all non-rental equipment supplies such as sledge hammers, tie straps, screwdrivers, etc.
• Assembles various tents per manufacturer, company, safety policy and procedures.
• If applicable, installs other rental equipment per the Customer’s contract.
• Works with the driver and/pr Crew Lead to instruct customers on the proper use and safety features of rental equipment.
• Maintains tent job after installation and adjusts per weather conditions.
• Inspects tent and accessories for damage prior to disbanding and removal. Records all damaged and/or missing rental equipment on the rental contract.
• Disassembles tents per manufacturer, company, safety policy and procedures.
• Repairs minor tears on-site or tags for repair.
• Unloads and returns tent and related equipment to the correct storage or cleaning area.
• Collects or picks up empty containers or rejected or unused goods.
• Provides directional assistance and guidance (including backing assistance) as instructed by driver.
• Cleans & maintains cleanliness of inside of truck cab and cargo areas.
• Reads a road map and clearly communicates directions to the driver.
• Reports safety violations to supervisor.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
• Complies with company and government safety requirements (including the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment) and other regulations.
• Attends department, location and safety meetings.
The job specifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and speak basic English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Regularly communicates with co-workers and supervisor; must be able to exchange accurate information about customer orders, the condition of equipment and the status of an assignment.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American weight, measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a several concrete variables in non-standardized situations.
The physical demands of the position require the employee to:
• Regularly remain in a sitting position, move and traverse to other work areas, ascend/ descend ladders, and position self to move equipment at heights of floor to 6 feet.
• Regularly carrying, stacking and unstacking of equipment, carrying and moving equipment to the appropriate storage area, and loading and unloading equipment onto handtrucks, lifts, dollys, forklifts and and/or trucks. Must frequently carry, lift, push, pull or move up to 50 pounds to a height of 3 to 5 feet; and occasionally carry, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with the assistance of moving equipment or co- worker to a height of 3 to 4 feet.
• Regularly multi-limb coordination, hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls to inspect, clean, move, open and close equipment.
• Regularly close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color perception, and the ability to adjust focus controls to inspect and clean equipment.
The majority of the job tasks are performed outdoors in a climate that is not controlled with exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather including rain and snow. Performances of duties are regularly around moving mechanical parts, moderate noise levels and dusty conditions.