GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Inventory Manager Assistant is responsible for tracking customer returned inventory, customer follow-up and
appropriate billing for inventory shortage, theft and breakage. This position also assists the Inventory Manager with
inventory controls, sub-rentals and the management of over-bookings and equipment shortages. This position will also
assist with other duties as instructed by management. Consistent, error free work based on defined regulations and standards
are key measures of job performance success. The job environment promotes steady, methodical work output so that job routines
can be completed on time and error-free.
This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert, who, recognized and supported by management and a stable work environment, can deliver quality work on a consistent basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge,
skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions
and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the
duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
• Reconciles returned inventory counts from the Operations Department to the actual equipment delivered to
• Following Company policy informs the customer on any missing equipment or damaged equipment; if
necessary, arranges pickup of missing equipment or instructs the Operations Department to complete a
• When appropriate, bills customer for missing or damaged equipment.
• As directed by the Inventory Manager, assists with inventory controls, sub-rentals, management of overbookings
and equipment shortages.
• Files all paperwork.
• Assists Customer Service Representatives when needed.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
• Complies with company and government safety requirements (including the use of Personal Protective
Equipment) and other regulations.
• Attends department, location and safety meetings.
• Receive contracts from Dispatch daily
• Close contracts in inventory software (ALERT) to receive inventory and update system that it has returned to the warehouse
• Review count paperwork to determine if there is any missing or damaged equipment from client’s contract
• Use software system to update all missing and damaged equipment
• Split ticket with all missing and damaged items
• Communicate any needed inventory spot counts to the warehouse supervisor
• Email client the missing and damaged ticket
• Follow up with client and schedule pickups/ drop-offs of product left behind on jobsite
• Run Overdue Contract Reports to make sure confirm all contracts are closed correctly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma; 1 year customer service or accounting experience; or equivalent combination of experience.
The job specifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and speak basic English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Regularly communicates with co-workers and supervisor; must be able to take
direction from manager; must be able to exchange accurate information about customer orders, the condition of
equipment and the status of an assignment.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform
these operations using units of American weight, measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Performing the duties of the job the employee will regularly be required to walk, sit, use hands to handle and feel
objects, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally be able to lift
20 pounds. Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The majority of the job tasks are performed indoors and climate controlled. Usually the noise level in the working
environments is minimal.
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The following is a comprehensive list of the specific criteria by which a person in this position will be measured and
graded for their performance in this position for the purposes of performance reviews, merit increases and incentive
• Must attain established work standards of Quantity and Quality on a consistent basis by process or
• Consistently follows Company policies and procedures (including governmental and safety) and
departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
• Must meet or exceed work attendance standards as established in the Company’s Employee Handbook.
• Ensures that all assigned tasks are completed in a safe manner.